- JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH Violin Concerto in A minor, BWV 1041
- JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH Concerto for Two Violins in D minor, BWV 1043
- JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH Violin Concerto in G minor, BWV 1056R
- JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH Concerto for Three Violins in D major, BWV 1064R
- In-person event
- ≈ 1hour and 30 minutes · With intermission
Experience the sonic embrace of Baroque composer J.S. Bach’s loveliest works for violin and orchestra performed by the National Arts Centre Orchestra’s Artist-in-Residence James Ehnes.
Inventive, spirited, layered, organic, tender, and grand: the list of adjectives to describe Bach’s music is long. James Ehnes’s performance of Bach’s Concerto in A minor and Violin Concerto in G minor weaves solo instrument and accompaniment into a visceral musical tapestry. When he is joined on stage by NACO Concertmaster Yosuke Kawasaki and, later, Associate Concertmaster Jessica Linnebach, to perform Bach’s concertos for two and three violins, the musical effect conjures an experience that is both intimate and supernatural.